A Private Sanctuary of Contemporary and Historic Charm
3 bedrooms | 2 bathrooms
This historic 1870’s double-fronted Balmain cottage has been architecturally redesigned and extended to create a desirable haven of luxury, tranquillity and space over two levels.
With its lush garden backdrop, this three-bedroom sanctuary plus study is being brought to the market for the first time in over 25 years. The thoughtful and elegant renovation with contemporary and textural finishes of timber, concrete, sandstone and glass create a warm and relaxing ambience. A key feature of the residence includes a stunning oversized top floor master retreat with generous walk-in robe, luxurious bathroom, study and leafy outlook.
Charming period features include the original verandah and stained-glass entrance that leads into an inviting open plan living area. Extending beyond the dining, living and chef-grade kitchen, with signature concrete bench, is a garden oasis featuring two outdoor entertaining areas.
· Whole top floor master retreat plus study
· 2 luxurious bathrooms, underfloor heating
· Leafy garden setting, extremely private
· Open plan living, dining and kitchen
· Entertainer’s kitchen, ambient lighting
· Skylights to maximise natural light
· Seamless indoor and outdoor flow
· Pristine spotted gum floors, fireplace
· Electric blinds, ceiling fans, air-con
· Extensive storage, integrated laundry
· Timber, glass, sandstone and concrete finishes
· Five minute stroll to Balmain Village, supermarket
· Within footsteps to cafes and public transport
Please click on image to enlarge